So here I am minding my own business when a comment come through saying I’ve won a Leibster Award. Oh another spam I think, but wait – its from a fellow blogger that I know (Frustrated Reader!), oh ok then I’ll click the linky.
So I’m rather flattered and slightly overwhelmed to be involved in the process, as I’m a really new blogger (but you guys make it worth blogging!)
So whats it about:
The Liebster Award is passed on by bloggers to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and to support the blogs that you like by sharing them with your readers.
These are the rules of the award:
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1.List 11 Random Facts about you
2.Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
3.Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
4.Notify the bloggers of their award.
5.Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
Random Facts about Me
1. I have 9 tattoos. No I’m not telling you where.
2. I can still sing the opening credits to Fresh Prince word-for-word without any practice.
3. I am far too old to be reading YA fiction.
4. I am terrified of hamsters. I mean terrified. My phobia is so rare that there isn’t a name for it, there’s a name for a fear of small rodents, but I’m not scared of anything else other than a hamster.
5. My allocated animal for my animal handling assessment had to be changed last minute due to number 4. I got a frog instead!
6. I can listen to a wolf howl and tell you if it was made by a male or female, and if it is one of ‘my’ wolves at UKWCT I can tell you which one.
7. I backpacked around Australia aged 21 and attended the Rugby World Cup Final – England WON!
8. I am about to commence a Masters in Endangered Species Recovery and Conservation, which will give me valaueble skills in wildlife conservation, but in reality all I want to do it hug the baby animals.
9. I’ve just put an application in for a rescue pup, and not told my mother (I don’t live with her but still fear her!)
10. I am a terrible singer, but I really don’t care – it sounds good in my head.
11. I snore.
The Questions Asked of Me
1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how much do you enjoy blogging? 8 – I love it when I get interaction from followers but sometimes really can’t be bothered reviewing a crappy book, but feel bad not doing so.
2. How do you choose which blogs to follow? I tend to stick to the same genre as me, I don’t follow too many as I like to interact.
3. Do you prefer green or blue in general? blue. Always blue.
4. Do you believe in soul mates, why or why not? Nope. Why? Well Brad Pitt’s just married someone else hasn’t he.
5. If you could travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would you go and why? A remote island in the pacific, somewhere around Fiji or samoa. why? Because I hate people, the more the remote the better.
6. Would you rather live by a body of water or on the Plains? Doesn’t bother me, home is where the heart is.
7. Why did you choose WordPress? It was the first one on the google list 😀
8. Are there aliens? Yes.
9. Do you believe in a higher power? No. Unless Aliens Count
10. Do you expect to blog for the rest of your life or is it until you get super burned out? Give it a week or two……
1. Chrissi Reads – a fellow book lover who provides a sweet, easy to read blog!
2.Maria – a new blog I’ve stumbled upon, not in my usual genre, but some good reviews!
3. Natalie – well because its a pink blog!
4.Norine – a complex blog, but a must read!